Although it doesn't bring any new features into the mix, the update fixes some pestering bugs that have been affecting the OnePlus 5 for some time now. Bugs like weak 4G+ signal in some regions, as well as display problems with some UI elements, are just some of the issues addressed in the update.
Below is the complete list of changes included in the latest update. Keep in mind that some of the bug fixes listed might have been implemented in the previous OxygenOS update.
- Fixed bug of missing icon of Download app in 4.5.11;
- Supports customization of notification ringtone;
- Improved launching speed of apps;
- Optimized adaptive brightness;
- Fixed issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio;
- Fixed display issues of some UI elements;
- Fixed issue of no 4G+ network in some regions;
- Updated Android security patch to September;
- General bug fixes.
OxygenOS 4.5.12 is pushed OTA (over the air) in stages, so give it some time if it's not available right away. According to OnePlus, it shouldn't take more than a few days to reach all OnePlus 5 phones.