OnePlus has published Android 7.1.1 Nougat updates to the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Since this is a point release, there aren't any major new features, but a whole lot of improvements have been included to make up for that.
Obviously, there should be a general performance increase after installing the update, given the bugfixes and improved connectivity. So fire away at that update button and get your OnePlus up to speed! Unless it's the OnePlus 2 or OP X. The company isn't saying anything on the matter of upgrading these two to Nougat, and it's kind of making people angry.
Here's the complete changelog, applicable to both the OnePlus 3 and the 3T:
- Upgraded Android 7.1.1
- Added expanded screenshots
- Improved picture taking of moving objects with blur reduction
- Improved video stability when recording
- Improved WiFI connectivity
- Improved bluetooth connectivity
- Fixed Instagram swiping bug
- Fixed hardware buttons malfunction bug
- Increased system stability
- General bug fixes